luni, 3 noiembrie 2014

FCE GOLD PLUS - COURSEBOOK - UNIT 8


Rezolvarea exercitiilor din manualul de limba engleza intitulat FCE GOLD PLUS – Student’s Book, autori Rawdon Wyatt with Jacky Newbrook and Judith Wilson, Editura Longman, Editia 2008

FCE GOLD PLUS – Unit 8: WE ARE FAMILY

Reading 1

Exercise 2 Page 92

1.      B
2.    A
3.    C
4.    A
5.     D
6.    B
7.     A
8.    B


Speaking 1

Exercise 1 Page 94

1.      colleague
2.    acquaintance
3.    stranger
4.    relative
5.     best friend

Grammar 1

Exercise 1 Page 95

A
1.      to be
2.    to have
3.    doing
4.    to support
5.     to keep
6.    to movee
7.     to work
8.    to accept
9.    go
10.      taking
11.  to move on

B
1.      to enjoy
2.    doing
3.    going
4.    to spend
5.     hearing
6.    to watch
7.     make
8.    change
9.    seeing
10.      stay
11.  telling
12.hurting

Exercise 3 Page 95

1.      I’d like to meet her b)
I like meeting her a)
2.    I stopped to talk to Rose b)
I stopped talking to Rose a)
3.    I remembered to phone Jack a)
I remembered phoning Jack b)
4.    He tried to write his essay in half an hour b)
He tried writing his essay in half an hour a)
5.     I regret to tell you that b)
I really regret a)

Vocabulary 1

Exercise 1 Page 96

1
1.      f) dependable, lovable (e is dropped), washable
2.    c) truthful, hopeful, harmful
3.    b) active, creative (e is dropped), supportive
4.    g) nervous (e is dropped), furious (y changes to I), famous (e is dropped)
5.     d) natural (e is dropped), national, cultural (e is dropped)
6.    a) friendly, cowardly, heavenly
7.     e) funny (n is doubled), wealthy, healthy

2
+ un: unlovable, untruthful, unsupportive, unnatural, unfriendly, unhealthy
+ in: inactive, infamous (= well known for being bad)
+ -less: hopeless, harmless

Exercise 2 Page 96

1.      valuable
2.    famous
3.    hopeless
4.    supportive
5.     unhealthy
6.    active

Use of English

Exercise 1 Page 96

a), c)

Exercise 2 Page 96

1.      personalities
2.    natural
3.    completely
4.    nervous
5.     unfriendly
6.    development
7.     generally
8.    activities
9.    truthful
10.      supportive

Vocabulary 2

Exercise 1 Page 97

1.      Wrong – your nephew is your bother’s or sister’s son.
2.    Correct – but your great-grandmother could also be any of the four combinations of your mother’s /father’s, mother’s/ father’s mother.
3.    Wrong – your aunt could be your mother’s or father’s sister or the wife of your uncle.
4.    Correct.
5.     Wrong – he’s only your brother by marriage.
6.    Wrong – he’s the brother of one of your grandparents.
7.     Correct.
8.    Wrong – your brother-in-law is your sister’s husband or your wife’s brother.
9.    Correct.

Exercise 2 Page 97

1.      reliable
2.    sociable
3.    ambitious
4.    generous
5.     talkative
6.    modest
7.     sympathetic
8.    sensible
9.    thoughtful
10.      stubborn

Exercise 3 Page 97

1.      got engaged
2.    got married
3.    wedding
4.    bridesmaids
5.     ceremony
6.    reception
7.     honeymon

Exam focus

Exercise 1 Page 98

1.      date
2.    ceremony
3.    guest list
4.    flowers
5.     meal
6.    honeymoon
7.     passport
8.    photographs
9.    speeches
10.      happy


Grammar 2

Exercise 1 Page 99

1.      h) (present)
2.    e)  (present)
3.    f) (future)
4.    d) (present)
5.     a) (present/ future)
6.    b) (past)
7.     c) (past)
8.    g) (past)

Watch Out!
1 a)  2 b)
1 b) A    2 a) B

Exercise 2 Page 99

1.      hadn’t lost
2.    would stop
3.    could
4.    didn’t have
5.     could
6.    wasn’t
7.     would
8.    was

Exercise 4 Page 99

1
1.      b
2.    b
3.    a

2
Sentence a) in each case indicates the speaker thinks the situation is likely to be true. Sentence b) in each case refers to a hypothetical situation.

Exercise 5 Page 99

1.      Isn’t it time we went to work?
2.    Suppose I won the Lottery…
3.    I’d rather go for a walk…
4.    You look as if you are starving.
5.     Would you rather we went to the cinema or watch TV?
6.    Suppose I lent you some money…

Listening 2

Exercise 1 Page 100

1
1.      e
2.    b
3.    a
4.    c
5.     d

2
‘Cause every time I breathe, I take you in and my heart beats again.
Baby I can’t help it, you keep me drowning in your love
Every time I try to rise above, I’m swept away by love
Baby I can’t help it, you keep me drowning in your love


Exercise 3 Page 100

a), c)

Speaking 2

Exercise 3 Page 1401

b) and c)

Exercise 4 Page 101

3
Another thing is that, and also I suppose,

Writing 2

Exercise 1 Page 102

International magazine; one family celebration; reason for the celebration; what made it so enjoyable

Exercise 2 Page 102

1.      True
2.    False
3.    True
4.    True
5.     False
6.    True
7.     False
8.    True

Exercise 4 Page 102

1 b), d) – they give some information about the specific topic of this article.
a) and c) repeat the words of the question and are less interesting.

Exercise 5 Page  102

1
A.   Christmas
B.    National Day. (In this case Bastille day in France, which marks the beginning of the First Republic.)
C.    The birth of a baby.

2
They all ask a question which involves the reader.

Exercise 6 Page  102

Sample answer
A wonderful wedding in New York
My family always celebrates birthdays and Christmas together, but once in a while something really special happens, something I’ll never forget. Last month I went to my sister’s wedding – in New York! My sister met her husband Sam in our home town five years ago. They were at a party and my sister says it was love at first sight. When Sam had to go home to New York two years ago, my sister went with him.
Their wedding ceremony took place in a small church surrounded by giant skyscrapers. It was only for close family and friends and of course my mother cried at the end! The reception was amazing. We went to a 5-star hotel next to Central Park and Sam has a friend who is a chef, who cooked the most delicious food.
For me it was the perfect wedding. Two families coming together and enjoying themselves. I miss my sister as she lives so far away, but I know she an Sam will be very happy.


Unit 1 Review

Exercise 1 Page 103

1.      forget to bring
2.    let us take
3.    interested in buying
4.    get on well
5.     wishes he had written to
6.    it’s time you went
7.     not being able to
8.    kept in touch

Exercise 2 Page 103

1.      D
2.    A
3.    B
4.    C
5.     B
6.    A
7.     C
8.    D
9.    A
10.      B
11.  D
12.D



Un comentariu: